Lhuentse Dzong

Lhuentse Dzong or most appropriately Lhuentse Rinchentse Phodrang sits high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Kuri Chu Valley. The dzong was built by the Trongsa Penlop, Mingyur Tenpa in 1654 on the site of existing temple built in the 16th century. It is the district administrative center and residence of the regional monk body with over 100 monks.